Summer Minestrone Salad
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Yield: 6 to 8
- This versatile dish can be featured as a starter, a side or an entrée! It's delicious served warm or cold, making it the perfect summer recipe.
- 1 package Minestrone Soup Mix
- 5 cup water
- 2 cup corn
- 1 14-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 chopped green onions
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Bring water to a boil. Stir in soup mix and simmer 11 minutes; remove from heat (vegetables and pasta will still be firm).
- Stir in corn, chickpeas and vinegar. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Serve warm, room temperature or chilled.
For a quick and easy main dish, stir in 3 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken.